Enjoy McDonald’s fatty chick nuggets?? Try these Crispy Chicken Strips which are BAKED and a heck of a lot more healthier than McNuggets. It requires 2-3 minutes to prep and 15 minutes of baking time.
Here’s the recipe.
- 3 x 6oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup oat bran
- 1/4 cup of wheat germ
- 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Garlic powder (pinch)
- 1/2 cup water or low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 large egg white
1. Preheat oven to 400 Degrees F. Prepare baking sheet by lining with parchment paper.
2. Cut chicken breasts into strips. Set aside.
3. Next, combine all dry ingredients in a large container with a tightly fitting lid. Shake well. This is your coating mixture.
4. Combine water and egg in a medium bowl. Dip each piece in the water/egg-white mixture. Then dip each piece in the coating mixture. Make sure each piece is well coated.
5. Place on the baking sheet. When all of your chicken has been coated and your baking sheet is full, place in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes or until golden.
Makes 6 Servings
Leave a comment below and let other readers know how they taste. And feel free to add other spices to mix it up a little!