I came across an interesting read yesterday regarding components to a good workout..in 7 steps.
- Foam Rolling: “tenderize” your muscles prior to training using a foam roller, Acuball and tennis ball.
- Mobility Warm Up: Use body weight exercises, dynamic stretches and static stretches prior to training
- Jump Exercises: Before hitting your strength training workout, do a jump exercise or medicine ball throw depending what you’ll be focusing on during training
- Main Exercise: Start with a superset of important exercises as your main lifts
- Assistance Exercises: add metabolic circuits for fat loss
- Ab Exercises: add in some planks, side planks, Stability Ball planks, rollouts, Ball Pikes, Jackknives & cross body mountain trainers.
- Interval Training: involves bursts of high intensity work alternating with periods of rest of low activity. An example would be to get on the tread mill or outside and jog for 3 min then sprint for 1 min.